The Magpul STR (Storage/Type Restricted) is a drop-in replacement buttstock for AR15/M4 carbines using mil-spec sized receiver extension tubes. A storage-capable version of the CTR®, the STR has improved cheek weld and two water resistant battery tubes on a compact, reinforced polymer A-frame design.
A shielded operation lever and supplemental friction locking system prevent accidental operation and minimize excessive stock movement for enhanced weapon stability and accuracy.* The STR incorporates two integral sling loops, a reversible push-button QD sling mount, and a replaceable 0.30″ thick rubber butt-pad which provides positive shoulder purchase to prevent slippage even with body armor or modular gear.
Made in U.S.A.
- Mounts on mil-spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included) from manufacturers such as Colt, Armalite, S&W, LMT, and others (please see the note below)
- Two water-resistant battery storage tubes located on the left and right sides of the stock
- Each tube will store up to two (2) CR123A lithium or AA batteries
- Tubes are accessible from the rear in any stock position via a hand-removable rubber plug
- Supplemental friction lock minimizes accuracy robbing wobble*
- Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life
- Sloping cheek weld provides a wide contact surface for user comfort
- Shielded release latch prevents snagging and accidental operation
- Replaceable 0.30″ Rubber Butt-Pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
- Compatible with Magpul ASAP®, ASAP® QD, and other receiver-mount sling attachments
- Sling Mounts
- Rear – Reversible Type 1 Sling Mount fits up to 1.5″ push-button QD swivels (swivel not included)
- Rear/Bottom – 1.25″ sling loops